Why the Winter Season May be Better for a Mommy Makeover
As the temperatures outside drop, many people find themselves withdrawing indoors until the warmer weather returns. Now is the best time to schedule that long-awaited mommy makeover! Our blend of surgical and nonsurgical procedures at Tamburrino Plastic Surgery & Med Spa can reverse issues like loose skin, small fat pockets, and other unwanted changes that have occurred since you became a mother.
Below, double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Joseph Tamburrino explains the many benefits of going through mommy makeover recovery during the cooler winter months. Call our Doylestown, PA facility and learn how we help women improve their appearance and confidence.
What is involved in a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a broad term that describes a combination of cosmetic procedures – all of which address various problem areas after pregnancy and childbirth. Dr. Tamburrino often performs breast augmentation with or without a lift, tummy tuck surgery, and liposuction as part of our body contouring process.
Our team can also correct issues like stretch marks through nonsurgical treatments. Because we create custom plans designed to target your specific concerns, the surgery and recovery process are often unique to each individual.
What happens during mommy makeover recovery
Mommy makeover recovery does take some time and effort. We recommend taking at least two weeks off from work and other obligations to rest and heal. You may need help around the house if you have young children. Patients should avoid exercise or lifting anything heavier than ten pounds during this time.
Dr. Tamburrino can provide specific instructions on how to care for yourself during recovery. Most women feel well enough to return to normal activities within 4 – 6 weeks, depending on the procedures performed. It can take up to three months to see the full results of your mommy makeover as swelling subsides and incisions heal and fade.
Why winter is an ideal time for surgery
While body contouring can be performed any time of year, our patients in Bucks County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia, PA find that winter is the best season to undergo these procedures. Here's why:
- You can take advantage of downtime: Some people have more downtime during the slow winter months. You can focus on mommy makeover recovery without having to worry about other obligations.
- Winter clothing is comfortable: Winter clothing is looser and tends to cover more of the body. Sweaters and long-sleeved shirts can help you feel comfortable.
- The cooler weather is easier on your body: Cold weather can offset side effects like swelling and inflammation.
- Be ready for swimsuit season: By the time summer rolls around, you can be ready to show off your new body in a brand-new swimsuit or bikini.
- No sun exposure: Sun exposure can delay healing and increase your risk of scarring. By undergoing mommy makeover surgery in the winter, you can avoid the sun and protect your incisions.
Contour your body this winter
A mommy makeover is a perfect way to restore your pre-baby body. Double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Joseph Tamburrino can help you choose the right procedures to help achieve your desired results. We also provide information and resources about recovery, so the process is as seamless as possible. Call Tamburrino Plastic Surgery & Med Spa for your next body contouring assessment in Doylestown, PA.